Finding the perfect cheapest car insurance might be hard as there are lots of factors take when calculating a quote for the insurance policy. In most cases, insurance policies make sense.
For example, say you live in an area when the percent of crime is high. In this case, people who have more expensive cars will have to pay much more than if they were to live in a quiet suburban area.
In fact, most insurance companies are huge data aggregators as they collect everything from your birth sign to your favourite number (and I am not joking). Here is a fun fact. Surgeons usually have more accidents than any other professions, while clerks have the fewest. I would say the cause of this is a high amount of stress.
Moreover, your premium is also based on various other factors such as sex, job, age, postcode, your vehicle, your driving experience, etc.
How will I get a cheaper car insurance premium?
Since we have said car insurance companies use a bunch of factors when calculating your premium, I am going to give you five simple tips on how to get the cheapest possible insurance premium.
You should add an experienced driver to your insurance policy
This is not a loophole or anything, so do not consider it as such. You should simply add another, preferably experienced driver to your insurance policy as it can you save some money.
On the other hand, if you put your dad as the driver of your vehicle, while you the main driver and legal owner of a car, that would be a crime. Just do not do it. It is not worth losing your policy and possibly going to jail over few bucks.
Of course, you will need the permission of the said person first. He or she should have a clean driving license and decent hassle-free history with insurance companies.
You could pay up front
There is a reason why you can pay up front or you can spread the cost over the year. Lots of insurance companies simply put an interest if you decide to spread out the cost throughout the year.
If possible, just pay up front and stop worrying.
You should always use the correct job title
Here is an interesting fact. If you describe yourself as a “chef” you will most likely get a higher insurance premium. On the other hand, if you put down “kitchen staff” your insurance premium will go down.
So, if you are a certified chef, simply put down kitchen staff and you are good to go.
Same goes for other professions. For example, if you put down “office manager” your insurance premium will go up. On the other hand, if you put down “office administrator” your insurance premium will go back to normal. Actually, if I did not put your job, I am sorry as I do not have the time simply, but you can try using GoCompare.com.
Furthermore, even if you are retired or unemployed, be sure to put a small check on that box as you could potentially save up to $400.
Don’t leave it till the last minute
Say you are in this situation. You want to switch car insurance four weeks before your renewal date rather on the day as you could save some money as well, up to $350 by some comparison sites.
And if you are a young driver, you can have even bigger savings.
What’s the cheapest car insurance
I am sure this question is asked a lot and I understand. Who wants to pay more when they can pay less if they are choosing smart?
Don’t forget that car insurance is a must these days, and when I say must, I mean it is required by law to have car insurance policy on your car.
I have put a list of some car insurance providers that I believe in my honest opinion are not that expensive.
This list is easy to read and understand.
- Rare vehicle coverage. If something happens to your loving car, you don’t have to worry because Nationwide Insurance offers optional GAP insurance, especially for mechanical and breakdown coverage.
- Vanishing deductible. What a perfect world we live in, if you don’t have an accident for a year, you will save $100. That goes for other years as well. If you don’t have an accident for let’s say five years, you save $500. Although it might not seem much, remember, you are trying to save money.
- Great claim management. Their support is really amazing. For example, if you file a claim, one of Nationwide’s agents will get started on your claim right away.
- Comprehensive policy coverage. You can protect almost anything with Progressive comprehensive policy coverage. You can protect yourself with a liability, or you can even protect your pet from a potential injury.
- Relatively affordable rates. This is where Progressive excels at. Their rates are among the lowest, up to $400 cheaper than its competitors.
- Lots and lots of discounts. If you are looking for discounts, you can check out Progressive as they have one of the largest selections of vehicles and driver discounts.
- Very easy claim filing system. If you have a question, an agent is on your disposal 24/7 to help you file a claim or even locate a repair shop in your local area.
- Multiple vehicle discounts. If you have any additional safety equipment for your car, such as anti-theft device, you can qualify for a discount.
- Solid vehicle protection. You can add optional GAP insurance and even a brand new car replacement. There is also a system of comprehensive collision coverage.
The companies listed above are all great if you are in a need of affordable car insurance company. Of course, the best insurance company really depends on your situation. There are billions of people and billions of possible situation.
Of course, when asking for the cheapest car insurance company, be sure to ask around or look for them on the internet.